A hyper-converged infrastructure is especially useful for deployments in which a high infrastructure demand meets a low administration budget, for distributed setups such as remote and branch office environments or for virtual private and public clouds.
With the integration of Ceph, an open source software-defined storage platform, Proxmox VE has the ability to run and manage Ceph storage directly on the hypervisor nodes, all with single system administration via centralised web management interface.
Benefits of a Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) with Proxmox VE and Ceph
- Scalability: seamless expansion of compute, network and storage (i.e. scale up servers and storage quickly and independently from each other).
- Lower cost: Proxmox VE is open source and integrates all components you need such as compute, storage, networking, backup, and management center. It can replace an expensive compute/storage infrastructure.
- Data protection and efficiency: services such as backup and disaster recovery are integrated.
- Simplicity: easy configuration and centralized administration.
- Open Source: No vendor lock-in.
By combining virtualization technology and software defined storage under one platform, Proxmox VE offers maximum flexibility to your production environment ensuring fully redundant system with no single point of failure for Compute, Network and Storage.
TechnoInfotech is into providing open source solutions since 2002. With 16+ years of experience on various open source technologies and 4+ years of experience on Proxmox VE and Ceph, TechnoInfotech now offers support and services to deploy Hyper Converged Infrastructure.
An illustration of HCI setup for SME